Uber Dec 2019 — present
Senior Software Engineer Movement
Technical lead on JUMP's implementation of MDS, a specification for micromobility data sharing. Contributed to ongoing spec development on behalf of Uber. Shipped support for the Agency API on a compressed timeline, unblocking permit renewal in one of JUMP's largest markets.
Built trust with our city partners by improving data quality & transparency. Drove data pipeline quality via comprehensive ETL fixes, automated data checks, and improving the oncall runbook. Created a new process to communicate data problems with our customers.
Highfive 2013 — 2019
- Scala (Akka)
- Python 2/3 (Django, aio-http)
- C++ (OpenGL)
Staff Software Engineer 2018 — present
Technical lead on the frontend engineering team. Wrote a technical roadmap to modernize our frontend technology stack. Owned an AngularJS/WebRTC application, Windows/Mac installers and updaters, and integrations into third-party applications.
Prototyped, developed, and shipped server-side recording feature. Written in Scala using the Akka actor framework.
Senior Software Engineer 2015 — 2018
Led multiple feature & reliability projects with teams of 1-6 engineers.
Prepared and presented technical presentations on both general and Highfive-specific topics to build engineering knowledge
Rewrote client telemetry collection framework. Designed backend storage schema using S3,
Elasticsearch, and Cassandra. Written in Scala with Akka HTTP; handles 100k requests/sec.
Software Engineer 2013 — 2015
Wrote and optimized C++ rendering library based on OpenGL ES2 targeting the NVIDIA Tegra 3. Worked with design team to create the UI including delightful animations.
Amazon 2011 — 2013
- Java (Android)
- C# (Unity)
- C++ (Qt)
Software Engineer I • Fire Phone, Digital Products
- Member of the launcher application team. Integrated a content management database used in other Amazon devices.
- Prototyped interactions and experimental hardware features for the Fire Phone using several different technologies and frameworks.
- Patent co-author for US9304621B1: Communication via pressure input
Software Engineering Intern • DirectX
- Wrote a C# application to calculate, store, and query driver code coverage. Used Bullseye to generate coverage reports; stored results in an MSSQL database.
- Fixed bugs in the C++ Windows DirectX driver.
View as PDF
University of Michigan 2008 — 2011
Bachelor of Science, Engineering • Computer Science